Monday, March 20, 2006

Back To AOE !!!!!!!

So after weeks had gone by just planning to set an AOE session in Bang , we finally had a Game On this Sunday !

Phoenix (Joe), Mr Wrong (Pammi), Killer3J (Jayesh), Loser (Pammi's Cousin--AOE GOD), MalooRulz (Chandi) and Me (Ricky)
--- we were all there at this Koramangla Gaming Zone where already some maniacs were freaking out playing CS (Counter Strike).

We waited patiently for about half an hour before we could get our hands on the mouse and keyboard, ready to relive the long awaited trip to the world of AOE, truly the Best Strategy Game ever!

GAME 1 (Continental)
Ricky,Maloo,Wrong vs Loser,Phoenix,Killer3J

It was more than 3 months since some of us had last played AOE . To my content I was comfortably placed in the middle, so my strategy was to advance to a fast Castle and help Wrong/Maloo. I went to help Wrong where Loser was creating nuisance.

Phoenix was playing as good as ever and he was soon into Imperial ready to launch a massive attack from the middle. Maloo unaware of the looming danger was happy just restricting killer3J from entering into his arena.

Loser was giving a tough time to me and Wrong at the other end. By the time we could bring some stability at this end, Maloo was run over by Phoenix's elegant and precise attack. Now there was no stopping Joe-the foe and with Killer3J they made our position desperate. Soon we resigned saving ourselves from a demolition drive.

GAME 2 (Oasis)
Ricky,Maloo,Phoenix vs Loser,Wrong,Killer3J

A complete mismatch in terms of team strength . The other team was simply too much for us to handle as all 3 of us were short of match practice . I had forgotten all the short cut keys and kept asking Joe throughout the game.Again I was in the middle, and went out to help Phoenix this time around. Maloo was having a tough time on the other side with Killer3J building Palisade walls around his Gold mines. Sensing trouble, I built a castle near Maloo's Town Cemter to give him some breathing space.

But this had given enough time to Wrong (Koreans) to bring his War Wagons in action. He had also disturbed Joe's economy leaving archer's around his mines.
Loser soon joined in the party and they were soon on top of us. With almost nothing left to defend, we resigned to a destined defeat.


GAME 3 (Arabia-not sure)
Ricky,Killer3J,Loser vs Phoenix,Wrong,Maloo

Voila! me in the middle again. This time i had to take advantage of my secure position, and ensure my allies do not get screwed because of little help from me. I had to effectively switch between Loser and Killer3J so as not to lose the balance.
Though I advanced late to the Castle, I had enough resources to launch an attack with Loser on Maloo. Initially, were having a good time but Wrong came to Maloo's rescue and they regained some lost territory.This gave time for Maloo to settle down a bit.

On the other side Killer3J continued his mild attacks on Phoenix, but soon Phoenix launched a counter attack which was looking dangerous. Killer3J pinged me just in time to gather my attention. I assembled all my army from Loser's Territory on to Joe's side. Before Phoenix could go more into the offensive, I touched Imperial and opened my Trebuchets on to Phoenix's Castle. That was the key to bring Killer3J back into resurrection mode. Now we were advancing into Phoenix's area and he was surely having a tough time.

By this time Wrong and Maloo were looking strong and were starting to pierce in Loser's territory. I researched for Long Swordsman and got Chinese Cho-Kunu to assist him. Soon we were ready for Rampage at both the ends. Killer3J was back on heals and I sensed my first Victory. Though the destruction was incomplete as we ran out of our 2 hour slot, but the result was obvious.


The AOE Session surely re-enlightened my gaming spirits. Its one thing I can now look forward to every weekend.... :)

AOE RULZ !!!!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice blog ricky.. so u guys finally started playing aoe...and u got good players.We r also playing here but not too much as we r busy all the time playing cs..i miss aoe and miss u guys.One more thing here aoe has become faster than what we used to play in last sem..
i guess 3 on 3 is very hard to play so why don't u find 2 more players..

Nikhilesh said...

hey Ricky! cool bloggie dude! will link you!!

-=|R΢k¥|=- said...

thanx yaar, it's an outcome of infinite spare time and continuous boredom, just a small effort to keep myself going. But this is nothing compared to your own blog,man u rock !

Apoorv Khurasia said...

I will like to play with you guys sometime. If you have an open spot, can you give me a call?